1. The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff into non-irrigated areas, adjacent property, private or public sidewalks, roadways, parking lots, or structures.
2. The use of a hose that dispenses potable water to wash a motor vehicle or any other permitted use except where the hose is fitted with an automatic shutoff-type nozzle or device attached to it that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use.
3. The application of potable water to any hard surface including, but not limited to, driveways, sidewalks, or asphalt.
4. The use of potable water in a fountain or other decorative water feature except where the water is used in a recirculating system.
5. The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes during and up to 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
6. Using water in any manner which causes waste.
Maintenance: Shareholders shall maintain all pipes, faucets, sprinklers, valves, or other facilities in a manner to prevent water leaks, waste or flooding.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESES REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING ACTION
$500.00 Fine – and you will be required to post a $2,500.00 cash bond with Madera Valley Water Company and to replenish it as violations occur and funds are withdrawn. Any additional violations will result in a $500.00 fine to be withdrawn from the $2,500.00 cash deposit required to continue service. Installation of a water meter and/or water restriction device at shareholder’s expense may also be imposed. If no citations are incurred for a period of 12 consecutive months the balance of a posted bond will be refunded.
THIS WATERING SCHEDULE AND WATER CONSERVATION POLICY IS ENFORCED YEAR ROUND. VIOLATIONS ARE ACCUMULATED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS BEGINNING ON JANUARY 1 OF EACH YEAR AND ENDING ON DECEMBER 31 OF EACH YEAR. IF YOU ARE RENTING YOUR HOUSE IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A SHAREHOLDER TO PROVIDE YOUR TENANTS WITH THIS INFORMATION. AS A SHAREHOLDER YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WATER SERVICE AND ANY BILLING.